After you have inputted your WiFi details on our site and the collar has received them:
The collar will automatically connect when it is within range.
- The LED on the collar turns BLUE while it is connected to WiFi.
- While the collar is connected it will sleep and wake up every 6 minutes to check to see if it is still connected to WiFi.
- If WiFi is found and connected, the collar will:
- Upload all of the logs it has
- Tell the server that the collar is in WiFi range
- Shuts down the modem.
- If no WiFi is connected, the collar will:
- Wake up and start initialisation
- Take a GPS position fix
- Tells the server that the collar is no longer in wifi range
- The LED turns back to red.
The WiFi will not work on routers operating at 5 GHz but will work on routers operating at 2.4 GHz, most routers are able to operate on both so this is not usually a problem.
Please contact us if you have any queries.